lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCIP Support Flow for PPPos

From: chrysn
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCIP Support Flow for PPPos
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 09:32:20 +0100

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 10:53:25AM -0700, mjackson wrote:
> 1. After PPP has completed negotiations (LCP, AUTH and IPCP),
>    which api should I call to connect to a remote server?

your application can use the regular lwip mechanisms once the link is
up, without special consideration for ppp (eg. udp_sendto); which
exactly you need depends on your NO_SYS value, whether you want TCP or
UDP etc.

> 2. After connecting to a remote server, should I used the following
>    api's to send and receive data.
>
>       - ppp_netif_output_ip4(...) or ppp_write(...)
>       - pppos_input(...)

once lcp, auth and ipcp have run, there should be no further need to
call ppp specific functions. you do need pppos_input, but you should
already have used that to feed incoming bytes to the ppp subsystem
during link setup, so just continue to do so.

best regards
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom