lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IPv6 packet not sent or received

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IPv6 packet not sent or received
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 13:39:48 -0700

The only thing I can think of at the moment, look in your ethernetif_input() and make sure IPv6 is not filtered out, my version does this:

switch( htons( ethhdr->type ) )
{
    /* IP packet? */
    case ETHTYPE_IP:
    case ETHTYPE_ARP:
    case ETHTYPE_IPV6:
        /* pass to network layer */
        if (pxNetIf->input( p, pxNetIf ) != ERR_OK)
        {
            pbuf_free( p );
        }
        break;

    default:
        pbuf_free( p );
        break;
}

So make sure ETHTYPE_IPV6 is included. otherwise your packet is freed.

Cheers
Ivan