lwip-users

[lwip-users] pbuf_alloc failed after sometime at driver side.

From: jbhoi
Subject: [lwip-users] pbuf_alloc failed after sometime at driver side.
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 03:11:56 -0700 (MST)

I am using lwip 1.4.1 for lpc1833 microcontroller with freeRTOS version
7.3.0.Have used driver for lpc18xx_43xx family

http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/lpc18xx__43xx__emac_8c.html
<http://docs.lpcware.com/lpcopen/v1.03/lpc18xx__43xx__emac_8c.html>

I am successfully able to up and run the stack and ping this controller from
other device. But this work for sort time(around 2 to 3 minutes) after that
pbuf_alloc from driver return NULL.I have trace the issue in which
**mem_malloc** function fails to allocate memory. Now i seems here driver
allocate memory for received packet and pass it to upper layer of lwip
stack. Now this upper layer is not fast enough to free that packets and
getting outofmemory issue at lower layer.

Any one have idea regarding this issue?

Regards,
Jayesh