lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Cannot connect to Windows 7 ethernet interface directly

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Cannot connect to Windows 7 ethernet interface directly or through a hub
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 10:40:10 -0300

I don't have the slightest idea on Windoze, but I happen to know that
networking is networking, frames are frames, and hardware is hardware.
You are likely to have:
* a hardware problem, triggered by the difference in
full-duplex/half-duplex and/or 10/100 due to different wiring and PC
hardware
* an Ethernet driver problem, triggered by the difference in the arrival
speed of frames
* a  broken TCP application
You should:
* check your hardware with proper instrumentation, or have a known to
work hardware.
* check your Ethernet driver, or have a known to work driver
* check your port, or have a known to work port.
* use a known to work TCP example, as the echo server

Once you have checked that (not necessarily in that order), if you still
get "lots of retransmissions and dropped packets", please post a capture
file and give details on who is who and I will try to help.