lwip-users

[lwip-users] Cannot connect to Windows 7 ethernet interface directly or

From: William McKinney
Subject: [lwip-users] Cannot connect to Windows 7 ethernet interface directly or through a hub
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:03:52 -0400

I am running lwip with a micrel ksz8851snl driver on a SiliconLabs gecko (ARM
CortexM3) processor.  lwip is acting as a TCP server.  If I connect to the
server from a PC running Windows 7 through an ethernet switch everything works
fine.  If I connect directly to the PC via a crossover cable or connect through
an ethernet hub I see lots of dropped packets are retransmissions.  Linux PCs
work fine regardless of how they are connected to the lwip server.

I am at having a great deal of trouble figuring out why Windows behaves so
differently from linux.  If someone out there has any ideas I would appreciate
the help.

Thank you.