lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] event_callback() context switch when calling sys_sem_si

From: S G
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] event_callback() context switch when calling sys_sem_signal()
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:27:24 +0200

Joel Cunningham wrote:
> 1) Should SYS_ARCH_PROTECT() do more than just disable interrupts?  Something
> that would act as a critical section in the case where a context switch
> happens?

Up to now, it should block task switching too, I guess. Although this is not
cleanly documented, it's just expected.

However, I think by now it would be better to not make that assumption, so
could you please file a bug report including your fix? (Or do we already have
one? I can't remember)

> 2) Is it assumed that calling sys_sem_signal() will not cause a voluntary
> context switch?

Right now, that's what is assumed, yes.

Simon