lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP hangs after some data transferred

From: Grzegorz Niemirowski
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP hangs after some data transferred
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 23:08:53 +0200

Hello,
I write code for SMT32 board using FreeRTOS and lwIP 1.4.1. I use sockets. There is a simple TCP server: it accepts incoming connection, reads 100 bytes sent from PC, sends 100 byte reply, closes connection and waits for another connection. I observed that after some time lwIP stops ACKing packets fast enough and eventually it hangs. It no longer responds to SYN or ICMP ping. Here are two examples of such communication. Both files contain whole communication between PC and my device after device reset. For testing purposes there were four applications running at the same time so the problem could be observed withing shorter time.
http://www.grzegorz.net/test1a.pcapng
http://www.grzegorz.net/test2a.pcapng
Is it a problem with lwIP, low level IF driver or FreeRTOS?

Best regards,
Grzegorz Niemirowski