lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Sending to a non-local network without default netif se

From: Mark Lvov
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Sending to a non-local network without default netif set
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 09:51:46 +0400

Thanks for the great suggestion, Simon!

Yes, what you suggest would work.. almost! Indeed, the destination
addresses are there in the configuration (along with the interfaces
associated with those destinations), so, theoretically, I could indeed
route based on destination address only. Problem is, its not the
destination address, but the address-port tuple. I am not sure how
probable is the configuration where you have similar destination
addresses associated with different network interfaces, but it
certainly is possible and I can not really enforce the uniqueness of
destination addresses. So, while this is definitely a good way to
handle multihomed configurations in general, I'll have to do it some
other way.

Perhaps, I'll borrow the idea from this bug report:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?34683

Thanks again.

Mark