lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and win32: conflicts with 'in_addr', 'sockad

From: Markus Forrer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and win32: conflicts with 'in_addr', 'sockaddr_in', ...
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 05:54:33 +0200

My opinion is to have the most of the target code also in my Simulation. So I
have the best chance to find some bugs.

Thanks and regards
Markus

Gesendet: Sonntag, 25. Mai 2014 um 19:06 Uhr
Von: "Ueli Niederer" <address@hidden>
Betreff: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and win32: conflicts with 'in_addr',
'sockaddr_in', ...
Hi Markus

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve. From a distance I would
say you don't Need a lwIP on a Win32 platform as Win32 delivers an
IP-Stack with more or less Berkeley Sockets (WinSock2).

If your simulation project has to share some of the PowerPC code I
would recommend to you to build an abstraction layer to program with.
Although Winsock supply a more or less Berkeley-like socket interface,
there are still some calls you have to invoke that do not fit.

Regards
Ueli

Quoting address@hidden:

I'm using lwip 1.4.1 in an embedded project (PowerPC) very successful.

Now I'm trying to add lwip to the target simulation project (Win32
Visual Studio 2013). The build fails with conflicts like:

error C2011: 'in_addr' : 'struct' type redefinition
lwip\src\include\ipv4\lwip\inet.h
error C2011: 'sockaddr_in' : 'struct' type redefinition
lwip\src\include\lwip\sockets.h
:
:

This types are already defined in winsock.h

How can I fix this problem? Thanks for any hints!

Regards
Markus