lwip-users

[lwip-users] expected behavior of sys_arch_mbox_fetch()

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: [lwip-users] expected behavior of sys_arch_mbox_fetch()
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 15:32:23 +0100

Hey all,

I was wondering what the expected bahivor of sys_arch_mbox_fetch() is when the mbox that is being waited on is freed by another task.
Example:
Task1 is stuck in lwip_accept()
Task2 does an lqip_close() on the socket.

in our current implementation this never happened because we used the netconn-API and had a lot of our own handling and dealing with scenarios in place and made sure that an mbox could never be deleted while waiting on it.
Now for another project we use the full socket API and suddenly our sys_arch implementation (which is quite paranoid) runs into all sorts of assertions.

So just to be sure:
in this scenario, sys_arch_box_fetch() should just return?

kind regards,
Fabian