lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_ASSERT

From: Martin Velek
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP_ASSERT
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 19:12:20 +0100

Hi,

from wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assertion_%28software_development%29:
In computer programming, an assertion is a predicate (a true–false statement) placed in a program to indicate that the developer thinks that the predicate is always true at that place. If an assertion evaluates to false at run-time, an assertion failure results, which typically causes execution to abort.

You should restart the stack. If you are doing everything correctly, it could mean that there is a severe bug inside the lwip. Try to upgrade to 1.4.1, try to trace the situation which modifies the variables in the assertion and double check your code, e.g. using one socket in different threads, calling netif functions without the netifapi prefix, etc.

Martin