lwip-users

[lwip-users] Strange packet sizes in receive-callback

From: Satz Klauer
Subject: [lwip-users] Strange packet sizes in receive-callback
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 21:43:35 +0100

Hi,

I'm new to lwIP, so hopefully my question is not too stupid.

I'm sending huge amounts of data to my BeagleBone Black where a lwIP
implementation is running. Due to that within my receive callback I
get repeatedly packets with a size of 1460 bytes (which should be some
TCP segment/framesize?).

This works mainly well...but sometimes a packet with a bigger size is
received (e.g. 11680 bytes). This is bigger than the maximum possible
size and the memory contains some crap.

Any idea what the reason could be for this behaviour?

Thanks!