lwip-users

[lwip-users] ARP Broadcast requesting Subnet as target

From: tomwp
Subject: [lwip-users] ARP Broadcast requesting Subnet as target
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 04:57:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Could I ask for some help with a very rare issue we are seeing with our
embedded system running LwIP.    On specific client installations the device
occasionally locks up and refuses to respond even to pings.  I can see that
internally it is receiving the ping request but watching on Wireshark I can
see it is 'stuck' sending an ARP request.

The ARP request the device is sending is a broadcast with the target IP
address set to the value of the devices' subnet.  See:  issue_short.pcapng
<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/file/n21981/issue_short.pcapng>

In the wireshark log the deivce (10.0.1.1) has a direct connection to a
MacBook (10.0.1.2).  The device is an AT91SAM9G45 running LwIP 1.4.1.

Is this an issue with our configuration of LwIP or something on the network?
Any help greatly appreciated.