lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Clean-up thread in case of GPRS connection lost

From: Chauveau Wilfried
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Clean-up thread in case of GPRS connection lost
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2013 10:53:00 +0200

Hello,

In the same kind of issue, is there a way to stop the the tcpip_thread cleanly ?

Regards,
Wilfried

 From: *Sylvain Rochet* <address@hidden
 <mailto:address@hidden>> Date: 2013/7/22 Subject: Re:
 [lwip-users] Clean-up thread in case of GPRS connection lost To:
 <mailto:address@hidden>>

 Hi Pierre-Yves,

 On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 09:38:42AM +0200, pierre-yves.boisbunon
 wrote:
> Hi Lwip Users,
>
> I am using LWIP with a GPRS module (through PPP connection). I am
> wondering how to cleanly terminate a task in case of lost of GPRS
> signal.
>
> Indeed with the modem I'm using, I can catch GPRS connection lost
> event and in that case I'm calling ppp_sigup() API from LWIP. But
> in that case it seems the ppp thread is not terminated in a clean
> way (the task is not deleted).
>
> Could you please help me to correctly catch this event?

 Yes, this is one of the known drawback of the PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD
 feature, please use only PPP_INPROC_MULTITHREADED instead with your
 own receive loop.

 For information, I have removed the lwIP owned receive thread from
 my ppp-new branch because it draws much more inconvenients for
 (almost) no advantages.

 Sylvain