lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] windows 7, IPv6, and WiFi

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] windows 7, IPv6, and WiFi
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 11:19:35 -0400

>> Interestingly, we can't get communication with our setup like this:
>> [Win7 PC] --- (wired Ethernet) --- (Intranet) ---(wired Ethernet) ---
[wireless router] --- (WiFi) --- [Embedded device]

>> But if we try a setup like this then it works:
>> [Win7 PC] --- (WiFi) --- [Wireless Router] --- (Embedded device]

Have you tried a "working" PC in the both topologies, and a "failing" PC
in both topologies?  If the "failing" PC fails both ways, and the
"working" PC works both ways, check for a firewall program on the PC.
If they both fail in one topology and work in the other, then check
addresses and masks and stuff.  It could be that Wireshark is seeing the
packet (promiscuous) but the stack is not passing it on because of the
mask or something.

Also, just in case - I found that when Visual Studio is running a
program, it can bypass a firewall, but then if you shut down VS and just
run the program, you can have firewall issues.