lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Duplicate ACKs

From: Zach Smith
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Duplicate ACKs
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 15:00:20 +0000

Looking at the Seq and Ack numbers, my guess is that your embedded controller
quit receiving for some reason. (problem in driver maybe???)

It's a little confusing since they are sending and receiving the same amount of
data back and forth to each other which makes the Seq#'s and Ack#'s the same
but here is what it looks like to me:

Packet 90: 172.16.1.23 --> 172.16.1.34    Seq: 485,    Ack: 485
Packet 91: 172.16.1.34  --> 172.16.1.23 *Seq: 485*, Ack: 496
Packet 92: 172.16.1.23 --> 172.16.1.34    Seq: 496,   *Ack: 485*
If 1.23(embedded ctrlr) received packet 91 from the PC then it should reply
with  a Ack # of 11 bytes more than the Seq # of pkt 91 which would be 496.
You can see in packet 92 that 1.23 increased its sequence # (from 485 in pkt 90
to 496 in pkt 92) but not the Ack # which to me suggests that it never received
packet 91 from the PC.
So, since 1.23 didn't get pkt 91 from the PC it keeps sending the Ack that it
sent in pkt 90 because it thinks the PC never received it.
And the PC keeps sending pkt 91 over and over until eventually the connection
times out.

-Zach