lwip-users

[lwip-users] Link Up/Down Treatment

From: ella
Subject: [lwip-users] Link Up/Down Treatment
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 01:16:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
What is the correct treatment of Link Up/Down events in the driver?
There are netif API calls netif_set_up and netif_set_down. Can I call this
functions from different threads?

Currently I have tcpip thread running and my own DMA receive thread that
monitors the link and perform a receiving process by getting packets from
DMA and posting them via netif.input
Can I call netif_set_up and netif_set_down from this thread?

I run on static IP but going to move later to use DHCP as well. How should
it change the flow?

Thanks.