lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] NETCONN_NOCOPY not sending

From: Nikolas Karakotas
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] NETCONN_NOCOPY not sending
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 20:27:47 +1000

Hi,

Im using a LPC1769. Without zero copy.

low_level_output :

for(q = p; q != NULL; q = q->next) {
while(!xEMAC_CheckTransmitIndex()); // wait for a TX buff to be free
   pkt.pbDataBuf = (uint32_t*)q->payload;
   pkt.ulDataLen = q->len;
   xEMAC_WritePacketBuffer(&pkt);
   idx++;
   if (idx >= eMAC_NUM_TX_FRAG)
       idx = 0;

   LPC_EMAC->TxProduceIndex = idx;

}

If I put a printf where it writes the the data I can actually see the data.

-----Original Message----- From: Martin Velek
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:08 PM
To: Mailing list for lwIP users

Hi,

my crystal ball is telling me that you are using NOCOPY to pass data
e.g. from ROM, STACK, SRAM but the EMAC driver does not provide send
buffer (zero copy) and thus cannot access the ROM, STACK, SRAM area.
This is e.g. case of LPC1788. With NETCONN_COPY, the lwip creates
buffers in the right memory regions.

Could you provide a detailed description of your configuration, like
lwip version, type of  drivers, system, etc?

Best
Martin

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Nikolas Karakotas