lwip-users

[lwip-users] Limited number of UDP packets received by netconn

From: Luke Taylor
Subject: [lwip-users] Limited number of UDP packets received by netconn
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 18:51:44 +1000

Hi all,

I am receiving bursts of 15 UDP multicast packets.

The netconn_recv function can't be called immediately in many cases in my application and I'm finding that because of this I can only store a very low number of packets in the recv_udp.

After running the netconn_recv (hence clearing any queued packets), the following burst of 15 packets can store 6 and then drops the other 9 in recv_udp at sys_mbox_trypost(conn->recvmbox, buf). The next burst drops all 15 at that point. Then my application gets a chance to call netconn_recv and it gets the first 6 packets fine and the process starts again.

I've tried increasing a lot of variables in lwipopts.h but without luck. My DEFAULT_UDP_RECVMBOX_SIZE is set at 2000 so my assumption was that I should be able to receive 2,000 packets without calling netconn_recv before losing one with sys_mbox_trypost. Please correct me there seeing as I am assuming that is wrong because of what is happening.

Thanks for the help!

Luke