lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IPV6 compilation

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IPV6 compilation
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 11:42:27 +0100 (CET)

"Fabian Cenedese" wrote:
> I'm using the official 1.4.1 lwip, not current from git.
> When creating a project with eclipse it wants to use
> and build all the source files it finds. I only need ipv4
> but the ipv6 files are still present and built. Unfortunately
> I get compiler errors for those files.

That's because you build all files that are present on disk. You have to
exclude the ones you don't want (IPv6) instead of autimatically building
everything that's there.

> http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/LwIP_IPv4/IPv6_stacks
> According to this I'd need to define LWIP_IPV6 to
> enable ipv6. However I seemingly can't find this define
> anywhere in the code so it wouldn't have an effect
> anyway.

That info is not valid for versions <= 1.4.x. Before the redesign, the IPv6
implementation could not be used at the same time as IPv4, that's why you get
compiler errors.

> Should the ipv6 code be compilable (I don't worry
> about functionable now)? Is there some other way
> around this except leaving out the ipv6 files?

As stated above, it *might* be compilable instead of IPv4. However, I doubt
anyone has used it in the past...

Simon