lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Crash in new 1.4.1

From: Thomas Johansen
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Crash in new 1.4.1
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 15:34:25 +0100

Hi Nick

This is the call stack with expanded elements:

-HardFault_Handler
-lpc_low_level_input
 + netif               <not in scope>
 + lpc_enetif          0x20007D90 &lpc_enetdata
 + p                   0x00000000
 + q                   <not in scope>
 - idx                 <not in scope>
 - length              0x00000048
 + src                 <not in scope>
+lpc_enetif_input

It seems that 'p' is 0x00000000 (NULL)?

If I jump to callee code from the call stack window it seems to be line number
92.
I'm not sure the line is correct.!!!!

Disassembly when using callee:

0x00027FB0 F8C08064  STR      r8,[r0,#0x64]
   415:                         lpc_enetif->rx_free_descs++;
   416:
   417:                         LWIP_DEBUGF(UDP_LPC_EMAC | LWIP_DBG_TRACE,
   418:                                 ("lpc_low_level_input: Packet received:
%p, size %d (index=%d)\n",
   419:                                 p, length, idx));
   420:
   421:                         /* Save size */
0x00027FB4 6F60      LDR      r0,[r4,#0x74]
0x00027FB6 1C40      ADDS     r0,r0,#1              <----- Jumps here
0x00027FB8 6760      STR      r0,[r4,#0x74]
   422:                         p->tot_len = (u16_t) length;
   423:                         LINK_STATS_INC(link.recv);
   424:
   425:                         /* Queue new buffer(s) */
0x00027FBA 8129      STRH     r1,[r5,#0x08]
   426:                         lpc_rx_queue(lpc_enetif->netif);
   427:                 }

The lpc_low_level_input at pastebin: http://pastebin.com/WV7HYHTK

When running the a TCP_ECHO demo, that came with the lwip port, it can run
"forever".

It uses netconn_listen() and then neconn_accept(..).
It just does a netconn_recv and then a netconn_write in a endless loop.

But if I rewrite the same demo, to do a netconn_connect to a remote server
sample, I have the same problem.
The server just send the received packet back to the client.
If the server has no delay between the receive and write function it is just a
matter of time before the lwip crashes.
If the server waits a couple of milliseconds before it resend (>30 ms), it
seems to work.!

Thomas