lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Update LWIP 1.2.0 to 1.4.1

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Update LWIP 1.2.0 to 1.4.1
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:43:22 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 07:38:17AM +0100, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> Unfortunately, we don't have documents on how-to-upgrade between
> versions (yet?).

lwip/UPGRADING seems quite complete for me, well this is not a
step-by-step how-to strictly speaking but should be enough for anyone
who wrote a lwip port and so already had to give a deeper look inside
the lwip stack.

> However, I do know that from 1.2.0 to 1.3.0, ARP handling has been
> changed: until 1.2.0, ARP packets were passed to etharp_input() from
> your ethernetif_input function. Since that had threading issues, ARP
> packets now must be passed to netif->input() AND the payload pointer
> must point to the ARP header now, not the IP header.

And most sys_arch prototypes changed from 1.3.0 to 1.4.0 from returned
pointer to pointer passed by reference, which provides better error
handling, like this:

from  sys_sem_t sys_sem_new(u8_t count);
to    err_t sys_sem_new(sys_sem_t *sem, u8_t count);

Well, this is not such a big deal.

Sylvain