lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Update LWIP 1.2.0 to 1.4.1

From: RAc
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Update LWIP 1.2.0 to 1.4.1
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 00:49:32 -0800 (PST)

well, it would certainly help if you were a little clearer about where things
fail. The control flow of incoming packets in lwip is not that difficult;
your driver copies packets coming from the hardware to some memory, then
typically invokes a hi pri thread which copies the hardware buffers to
dynamically allocated pbufs, then sends a mailbox to the tcp ip thread for
processing. By setting a few breakpoints, it should be possible for you to
determine where packets get "lost" (btw, it could also be the outbound side
of things, but that's more unlikely).

I got started on lwip 1.4.x, so I'm not quite sure where the exact
differences between 1.2.x and 1.4.x come in, but if I remember correctly,
the mailbox based exchange between client apps and the tcp ip thread is one
of the major changes, so you may want to check if your sys_arch port in
particular with respects to mailboxes is complete.