lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Gateway problem with LwIP

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Gateway problem with LwIP
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:54:25 +0100

sb80 wrote:
Now my problem:
If i ping the IP 192.168.10.40 on eth1, no ARP, to get the MAC from the
gateway, appears on eth1, but on eth0 a ARP appears with the message "who
has 192.168.0.1? Tell 192.168.0.10"

If eth0 have no defaultgateway (0.0.0.0) and I make the same ping on eth1
(like above), no ARP appears on eth0 and eth1.

Is there anyone who know this problem or can give me a idea?

This is lwIP's routing scheme: any packet that does not fit a netif subnet is sent to the gateway of the default netif (set with netif_set_default()). And if the default netif does not have a gateway, or you haven't set a default netif, these packets will be lost.

How can I found out the Version from the LwIP (Version File??)?

In never versions, see define LWIP_VERSION in init.h. If you cannot find that, your version is very old (and you should probably upgrade, anyway).

Simon