lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to make lwip runing without OS ?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to make lwip runing without OS ?
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:06:26 +0100

Tom Sawyer wrote:
I have read about the porting to bare system on lwip wiki but still
have many questions?

1.Is it a must to compile and link the app object and lwip with NO_SYS=1  ?

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, but all code using lwIP must be compiled with the same options (i.e. lwipopts.h).

2.How to compile the executive target with custom inferface driver to
make it works with lwip? I think that lwip still should be linked with
driver object because it call the functions in interface driver.

lwIP is meant for small embedded systems. As such, it is always linked with a driver in the end.

3.Is it correct that for using NO_SYS=1 ,all the component above (app
, lwip ,driver) will be compile into a singe executive image ?

Same as above: lwIP is meant for small embedded systems. You will always link everything into an image before download it to the target.

Simon