lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] memory pools question

From: Barry Andrews
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] memory pools question
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:35:47 +0800

I must say that I agree with one thing here, the description of how the
pools and heap should be configured are at the least vague.
So many answer in this group say it depends upon your usage but in no
way explain how.

There really needs to be a document which explains what takes from the
heap and what takes from the pools and the effect of too small a number.

For instance most pools it seems like effect is basically just a dropped
packet, so non fatal but heap seems fatal all the time.

It would be nice to have one place where this is clearly documented so
you can make an informed decision as to pool sizes rather than well it
works so that must be fine.

Regards
Barry Andrews