lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP Socket hanging at netconn_accept( )

From: Williams, Eric
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP Socket hanging at netconn_accept( )
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:32:31 +0000

Hi all,

I am trying to run the tcpecho sample code from http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/contrib/apps/tcpecho/?root=lwip in a multithreaded application running on an TSK3000 soft processor embedded in an FPGA. In another thread, some example HTTP server code has been working very well, and continues to work despite the broken TCP socket thread.

I’m using a TCP packet sender and monitoring via Wireshark to send a simple ASCII data. Wireshark sees the TCP packet being sent to the correct destination IP / port, but I get no response from the echo.

The following section of code (I believe) shows netconn_accept( ) never returns, as I never get the printed “accepted new connection” dialog (while I do get the “Grabbing new connection…” dialog printed.

DIAG("Grabbing new connection...\n");

err = netconn_accept(conn, &newconn);

DIAG("accepted new connection %p\n", newconn);

Any ideas on how to further debug this – if you can’t tell, I’m very new to LWIP and embedded network programming in general – would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric