lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib files

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Adding a port of lwIP to the contrib files
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 07:22:04 +0200

"Dan-Angel  Codrean" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I managed to make the lwIP port for an EFM32 developement kit and I would
> like to put it out there so that others can benefit from it.
>
> Can you please tell me how should I proceed in putting it in the contrib
> repository?

Ports are only added to the contrib repository if there is a volunteer who is
willing to maintain that port (for a long time!), meaning keeping it up to date
to changes in lwIP and ensuring it works. This is why there are currently no
hardware ports in contrib (aside from that in 'old' which are not updated).
Ideally, a port maintainer would be a project member with git access to commit
changes. Ports that become unmaintained will be removed from the repository.

If  that's too much restriction for you, putting a link on the wiki and hosting
the download somewhere else might also be a good idea. (I don't know if there
already is a page for available ports?)

> Also I would like to ask you how should I license the include files (i.e.
> cc.h, perf.h, sys_arch.h, lwip_opts.h). Should I use the Swedish institute
> license, the company I am working for license or none?

Well, ideally you would chose the same license as for all the other files,
which is a modified BSD license as stated on the project page:

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lwip

Simon