lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] compiling makefsdata.c

From: Rocco Brandi
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] compiling makefsdata.c
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 15:59:03 +0200

I've foundĀ  very usefull this little script perl (see the attached file).

1)First, you have to install Perl on your PC;
2)create a folder named for example "MyFolder" and put the script in this folder;
3)In the same folder "MyFolder" create a folder "fs" (the name is mandatory)
4)put in the "fs" folder the file you want to convert to fsdata.c
5)launch MS-DOS prompt, go to the folder "MyFolder";
6)write the command "perl makefsdat.pl"
7)the file "fsdata.c" is created in the folder "Myfolder".

if the fsada.c file already exists, the content of folder "fs" is added to fsdata.c; so if you want to create a new fsdata.c ou have to delete the previous one

2012/7/27 Marc Severo <address@hidden>
> [...]

You shouldn't need to compile the whole lwip code to compile makefsdata.c;
makefsdata.c is my only source file being compiled in that project.

But you do need some of the lwip source handy so that makefsdata.c can
include the necessary c files in its compile. If your lwip source is in a
folder called "lwip" and the lwip and contrib folders are in the same
location, the #include ../../../../lwip/ should work itself out. You will
likely need to add some additional include paths to make everything happy.
For me it looks like:
./lwip/src/include/ipv4
./lwip/src/include
./contrib/ports/win32/include (for an example lwipopts.h)

Marc