lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Could TCP traffic slow down UDP?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Could TCP traffic slow down UDP?
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:37:34 +0100

On 5 Jul 2012, at 22:09, Chen wrote:

> While both #1 and #2 sees all UDP packets, #1 always captures it within a
> fraction of 1ms, and #2 periodically falls back to 3ms
> #2 will capture it within a fraction of 1 ms (just like #1) for around 250
> seconds
> then it begins to lag, up to 3ms, then slowly catching back, this period is
> around 50 seconds

That doesn't particularly surprise me, but I expect with a bit of work you'll
be able to find why 2 is sometimes quick and sometimes slow.  If you profile
the code you'll probably find different code paths are being used, or that
there is some queueing happening in the slow case, or code is being executed in
a different context.

Kieran