lwip-users

[lwip-users] Using IPV6 (lwIP git head)

From: Yvan Labadie
Subject: [lwip-users] Using IPV6 (lwIP git head)
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 10:11:27 +0000

Hello,

I’m using lwIP in FreeRTOS on a STM32F1xx processor.

I was using lwIP v1.4.0, but now I want to use IPV6, so I migrated to git master head source code.

This latest version of lwIP is working good with IPV4, but not with IPV6.

I’ve added

#define LWIP_IPV6                 1

#define LWIP_IPV6_MLD             1

#define LWIP_IPV6_DHCP6           1

#define LWIP_ICMP6                1

#define LWIP_IPV6_AUTOCONFIG      1

in my lwipopts.h

I’m calling “netif_create_ip6_linklocal_address(&ethIface,1)” after “netif_set_up(&ethIface)”

Then I display all the IPV6 addresses (ethIface.ip6_addr[0 to max])

I can see that first one is the link local, and its status goes from TENTATIVE to PREFERED.

I ping this link-local address using ping6 on my computer but the device is not responding.

(NB ping6 is working OK, I’ve tested it with another computer connected to the same network interface).

I put a breakpoint in the ETHTYPE_IPV6 case, just after the low_level_input() inside ethernetif_input().

But I never get the break (break on ETHTYPE_IP or ETHTYPE_ARP is working)

With Wireshark I can see that the computer is sending the ICMPv6 requests, but the MAC destination is a type “IPv6mcast” whereas when I ping6 another computer in MAC destination field I got its MAC address…

Did I miss something in the lwIP migration?
Or is it a problem of setting up the interface?

Thanks a lot for your great work,

Best regards,

Yvan.