lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Getting started with lwIP on a NON-SYS platform

From: Angel CODREAN
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Getting started with lwIP on a NON-SYS platform
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 11:32:19 +0200

Hey guys,

While trying to make lwIP work, with a simple ping I have problems with it. Trying to debug it I noticed that I cannot allocate memory using memp_alloc. The problem that I have is that memp_tab[]  is an array with NULL elements.
I tried to play with the lwipopts.h parameters making sure that I have enough buffs, I checked if I free properly to prevent leakage but I also have the problem in the very begining.

I attached the files that might help you help me:D

Best regards,
Angel C

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Angel CODREAN <address@hidden> wrote:
> While debugging I got up until memp.c at line 404 memp = memp_tab[type];
> which returns NULL and I don't manage to understand why.

That simply means you are running out of memory in one of the pools. Either you memory is (configured) too small or you are leaking (i.e. not freeing) memory somewhere.

Simon