lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem using 2 Netifs

From: yueyue papa
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem using 2 Netifs
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:21:18 +0800

There is no obvious problems for 2 netif for lwIP.

In my environment: one is LAN, another is PPP device.

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
Fred39 wrote:
> Ok i found the problem, both netifs had similar ip configuration "same
> subnet" which was the problem thus the packets where send to the first netif
> in the list :)
>
> Is this behaviour specified somewhere ?

Yes, this is intended behaviour specified in IPv4 routing. I don't remember the RFC, though, but simple IPv4 routing is based on destination address only, not on source address. As such, if you have 2 netifs on the same subnet, the simple routing algorithm will always send packets to the first match, which is what you observed.

Simon