lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Need Help for "Configuration for lwIP"

From: GICINDIA
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Need Help for "Configuration for lwIP"
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 02:56:45 -0700 (PDT)

>Enable LwIP debug with level warning for memory buffers, and see whats
happening on your debug channel - you will which buffer run out etc.

After enabling all debug levels(WARNING, SERIOUS, SEVERE) for MEM_DEBUG, i
got "mem_malloc: could not allocate "..." bytes" error. with following
configurations.
Note* - It is simulated for simultaneous file transmission & reception on
single TCP port.(File size -500kb)

#define MEM_SIZE                        (7 * 1024)
#define TCP_WND                         2048
#define TCP_MSS                         1024
#define TCP_SND_BUF                   (6 * 1024)
#define TCP_SND_QUEUELEN          48
#define PBUF_POOL_BUFSIZE         256
#define PBUF_POOL_SIZE              16
#define MEMP_NUM_TCP_SEG        48

>While asking for good speed in both directions you must also consider
host PC you are communicating with.

I m transferring file from Serial to Ethernet and vice verse.
Serial is much slower than Ethernet (minimum serial speed is 300bps and
maximum 115kbps).