lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Start DHCP from application thread not tcpip thread

From: Fred39
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Start DHCP from application thread not tcpip thread
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 23:58:17 -0700 (PDT)

Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> Even lwIP 1.1.1 has the tcpip_callback() function. You just have to create
> a callback function to be called which then calls dhcp_start(). See other
> usages of tcpip_callback() throughout the stack for an example.

Good Morning Simon

i didnt meant the tcpip_callback() function. Of course i have this function.
What i mean was the "netifapi_netif_common(...);" function.

I tried it by calling the tcpip_callback(dhcp_start(netif_default),0)
function in my application thread but it did not worked. I saw that
dhcp_start was called but the ip address was not assigned. Via wireshark i
saw just a DHCP_DISCOVER nothing else.