lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.3.2 -> 1.4.0: Huge RAM increase for PPP use

From: Marco Jakobs
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LwIP 1.3.2 -> 1.4.0: Huge RAM increase for PPP use
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 22:59:31 +0200

Hi Simon,

i'm using Rowley CrossStudio for ARM, but i've found a new buffer which consumes most of the increased memory:

/** RX buffer size: this may be configured smaller! */
#ifndef PPPOS_RX_BUFSIZE
#define PPPOS_RX_BUFSIZE    (PPP_MRU + PPP_HDRLEN)
#endif

This is around 1.5k and was not there in 1.3.2 ... however, there is no advice in the code how "small" it can be defined to be still useful (and what this buffer does).

Marco