lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP IPv6 availability for the whole TCP/IP stack

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP IPv6 availability for the whole TCP/IP stack
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 09:01:48 +0200

"address@hidden ." <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any news about IPv6 using lwIP? I found some references on lwIP v1.4 but
> seems like is not yet integrated with the rest of the TCP/IP stack. Found
> some info in patch 7409 but seems like there's somewhere another version that
> handles in a more general way either IPv4 or IPv6 addresses for higher
> (sockets) or lower (arp, etc) layers.
>
> What's the current state of IPv6?

There has always been IPv6 code in the lwIP sources, but that was a) not really
working and b) could not be used at the same time as IPv4.

However, recently new IPv6 code was contributed that fixes IPv6 and also allows
it to be used in parallel with IPv4. This code will probably be released as
v1.5.0. However, there's no timeline when that will happen! 1.4.1 will be
released soon, but that is a bugfix release from 1.4.0 only and doesn't include
the new IPv6 code.

If you still want to give it a try, you can download the sources from git:
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip.git (lwip sources)
http://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/lwip/lwip-contrib.git (contrib project)

Simon