lwip-users

[lwip-users] Understanding pbuf's

From: Martin Osterloh
Subject: [lwip-users] Understanding pbuf's
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:28:05 -0400

Hi all,

I was reading about LwIPs allocation of pbufs recently but I am not sure if I understood the concept completely.

My NIC driver provides an interrupt function that is called every time a frame is received.
My intuition tells me that I have to allocate a pbuf now (of the frame's length).

But how do i actually fill in the blanks in the pbufs (in case there is a chain).

Can anyone clarify this? I'd appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
-Martin