lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] 16-bit char

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] 16-bit char
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 09:32:15 +0100

"Fisher, John" <address@hidden> wrote:
> My employer wants me to make a serious attempt to determine how long it
> would take to port lwIP to a DSP with a minimum addressable unit of
> 16-bits. I have been given time to see how much of the job I can get
> done. I know from the mail archive that this has been done before, but
> perhaps not for a few years.

Hmm, I haven't actually read that this has been done, I only know of other
people asking *if* it has been done and asking about a rough effort estimate...

Anyway, although I'm not using such a processor, I'd be interested in the
result to see how hard it would be (i.e. how 'ugly' the code would get :-) to
make the original sources compatible to such DSPs.

Simon