lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Exporting the real BSD socket API function names?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Exporting the real BSD socket API function names?
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:52:44 +0100

Mason <address@hidden> wrote:
> However, this was a red herring, and I'm still stuck building
> libcurl. I think the main problem is that the lwip header
> naming might not be 100% POSIX compliant, and libcurl can't
> find a lot of network related declarations.
>
> I think I saw some discussion or bug reports concerning POSIX
> compliance of headers, or am I mistaken?

There were discussions on one of the lists, but there are no bug reports. I
don't personally see a pressing requirement to do so (mainly because I don't
use lwIP sockets, I guess).

I do admit that lwIP does not conform to the posix standard, though, which
probably makes using it in standard applications harder than it could be.

I'd love to see the headers changed to be posix conformant while
a) being backwards-compatible for old lwIP applications and
b) this must be optional to ensure lwIP doesn't produce compiler errors where
the posix headers are already implemented (and included)

I guess it would be best to place these headers into a subdirectory of the
default include directory. Adding a task at savannah might probably be a good
idea -> done (task #11879). You're welcome to upload your files there if you
happen to create them for your libcurl port.

Simon