lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP performance with FreeRTOS

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP performance with FreeRTOS
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:44:37 +0100

Chris Ponder <address@hidden> wrote:
> Any chance you could send those files to me directly, my company's web
> policy is stopping me downloading the tar.gz file from the git repo and
> TortoiseGIT, so I can't actually get them :( I assume that they are ok to use
> with 1.4.0?

Sending the files is not a problem, but they aren't compatible to 1.4.0 :-(

I'll backport that fix to 1.4.1, so you can update to 1.4.1 RC1 (which will be
downloadable from our download section) when it is released, but that might
take a week or two.

Anyway, I don't expect performance to rise too much with these changes: after
moved to not calling netconn_connect() too often, the only additional speedup
would be calling do_send() directly instead of by pointer. You can try to
change that yourself in your sources by looking at the diff in git web access:

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/commit/?id=4fca628d36c44f927e9326e43e2408f4d886f258

Simon