lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] makefsdata strange error with .png files

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] makefsdata strange error with .png files
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 22:04:28 +0000

On 02/01/2012 20:37, N.Karakotas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im using the makefsdata.pl perl script to create the html data. I was
> having a strange problem with .png files not showing up on the browser.
> After tracing the problem I noticed that the array data created by the
> perl script was missing 1 byte of data at the begging of the png header.
> For example below is part of the header bytes of the images:
> Correct:
> 89 50 4E 47 0D 0A 1A 0A 00 00 00
> Wrong:
> 89 50 4E 47 0A 1A 0A 00 00 00
>
> If you can see byte 5 doesnt contain the 0x0d! When I inserted this to
> the table the image showed up correctly. I cant se why the perl script
> is failing on this line:
>
> for($j = 0; $j < length($file); $j++) {
> printf(OUTPUT "%#02x, ", unpack("C", substr($file, $j, 1)));
> }
>
> Im using windows. Any thoughts? Its strange that one has had this
> problem before.

As you are running Windows, I suggest downloading the FreeRTOS zip file
(http://www.freertos.org), unzipping it, then searching the Demo
directory for makefsdata.exe.  It is included in a couple of demo
projects I think, along with a MSVC project to build it.

I don't think I have had a problem with the exe file, although I might
not have used it with a png - although definitely with gifs and jpgs, so
they should be the same with respect to conversion.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.