lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] inet_chksum.c misbehaving with compiler optimisation?

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] inet_chksum.c misbehaving with compiler optimisation?
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 19:40:55 +0000

On 20 Nov 2011, at 22:06, Richard Barry wrote:

> Does this make any sort of sense?

Not really.  I can't see how a bug in that code would cause the symptoms you
describe.  My guess is that the optimisation is causing a change in timing that
leads to some race condition being exposed.  E.g. if it is running faster there
is more chance of packets backing up, resulting in a queue that then becomes
corrupted. When it was running slower the packets never backed up and so there
was no queue, and no chance for corruption.  Unfortunately this means that the
file being optimised may not have the bug that you're seeing.

Kieran