lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Need clarification in lwip raw socket

From: M.GANESH KUMAR
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Need clarification in lwip raw socket
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 16:33:24 +0530

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Simon Goldschmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
"M.GANESH KUMAR" <address@hidden> wrote:

I have to receive protocol packets (STP,VLAN) in my device interface. For that I created a raw socket and bind it to that that interface. While receiving packets from the interface, that packets are processed by LWIP - IP stack and gets discarded. I think I missed some initializations.Could you please give me the list of ENV's that has to be initialized? How to by-pass this check and get the total packet including ETH header?.

Raw sockets are meant to receive IP packets with custom transport layer protocols, not to receive the complete packets including Ethernet header. There's no default way to do this with lwIP, you'll have to intercept these packets at the netif driver level.

Simon