lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Stable release with IPv6 support

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Stable release with IPv6 support
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 11:43:31 +0100

Mason <address@hidden> wrote:

> I may be wrong, but I think that 1.3 may be configured to support
> EITHER v4 OR v6 (both at the same time is not supported).

Well, there has been IPv6 support in lwIP for a while, but I don't think it
really worked. I think it didn't actually compile without errors for a while
now.

The IPv6 code we have now is completely new written (in addition to dual stack
support).

> I don't think anyone is looking at porting the dual stack back to
> the 1.3 branch.

I wouldn't advise that as there have been many other bugs fixed since 1.3.x.

Simon