lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] auto-reload

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] auto-reload
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:15:42 +0200

You can get some degree of server push if you need it:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_%28programming%29>

On 04/10/2011 09:16, Rocco Brandi wrote:
ok, thanks

Rocco ^_^

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:20 AM, Felipe de Andrade Neves
<address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hello.
    In the HTTP protocol the webserver has no authorization to perform
    any action. It does only answer browsers requests. All this super
    interactive websites works this way, always using GET and/or POST
    methods. That is why Java script exists, it turns on the possibility
    to browsers perform advanced actions in order
    to generally improve user experience.

    If you want a peace of page that auto refreshes, it must be achieved
    by GET and POST requests through a java script on the command.

    I'd suggest you to read a good HTML+Ajax book.

    Att.

    2011/10/3 Rocco Brandi
    <address@hidden
    <mailto:address@hidden>>

        I asked because I use lwIP and the httpd-server raw to implement
        my web server. I thought that maybe someone else has already
        done what I'm trying to do, that is send, through lwIP, a web
        page to a browser without an explicit "get" command from the
        browser itself. the more straight solution would be that the web
        page asks a refresh every N seconds, like the example in
        freeRTOS, but I'd like to avoid it and let the web server hanlde it

        On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 6:49 PM,
        address@hidden
        <mailto:address@hidden>
        <address@hidden
        <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

            In which respect is this question lwIP-related? There's
            nothing lwIP can do for you here, you'll want to find out
            more about web programming, I guess...

            Simon

            Rocco Brandi wrote:
            Hi everyone!

            I have a web page that shows the content of some memory
            locations that I use as registers. I'd like that when  the
            value of some of these registers changes, the web server
            will send the updated page and refresh the browser.

            how can I do it?

            up to now, my web server only responde to "GET" command
            from the browser

            Thanks, Rocco ^_^