lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Delayed Ack causing problems? Where to call tcp_nagle_d

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Delayed Ack causing problems? Where to call tcp_nagle_disable()?
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2011 10:39:12 +0200

FreeRTOS Info <address@hidden> wrote:
> The simulator is exactly that - it is running the FreeRTOS code, which
> is normally real time, in a non real time windows environment.  It is
> simulated in the sense that the only way to get the algorithms to run as
> expected [..] is to have simulated time move much more slowly that
> actual time.

That's OK with me, I only wanted to point out that the httpd does *not* need
nagle to be disabled, it's fast with it enabled and doesn't gain anything from
disabling it.

> > BTW: sys_mbox_new() should assum standard values if size==0!
>
> Could you elaborate on that point please?  Presumably there is something
> in sysarch that needs changing.

As the defaults for the mbox size defines are 0, the sys_arch should just
create a default-size mbox if 0 is passed in (to make sure it runs with the
defaults from opt.h). I remember it being like that, but I can't find it
documented anywhere... :-(

Anyway, since you have the port *and* the lwipopts.h file under your control,
it's not too much of an issue, I guess.

Simon