lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn->acceptmbox is NULL

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn->acceptmbox is NULL
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:57:32 +0100

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 15:03 +0100, Kieran Mansley wrote:
> I think this must be a bug, as I can't see the lwIP socket
> API doing anything special for accept on a UDP socket, and I'd expect
> that to work.

It must be Friday afternoon, as I'm not thinking straight.  From the man
page for accept:

accept() system  call  is used with connection-based socket types. e.g.
SOCK_STREAM

I.e. we don't expect to do accept() on a UDP socket, and the same is
true of a UDP netconn.  So there is no bug, it's just that you shouldn't
use netconn_listen() and netconn_accept() on UDP sockets.  I think we
could perhaps make the errors returned more useful in highlighting this
if you do call them with a UDP connection though, so certainly room for
improvement.

Kieran