lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip IPv6 with Unix port

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip IPv6 with Unix port
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:47:41 +0100

On Fri, 2011-08-05 at 15:12 +0530, Rahul Gundecha wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Have anyone used IPv6 with the Unix port for lwip?

Probably not.

>  I am facing some issues while using IPv6 on Linux using lwip.
> Is there any detailed documentation about the unix port? I went
> through README which gives detailed instructions for building and
> running the port, however no information is found related to
> internals.

No, there's no documentation of the internals of this specific port.
It's intended to just be an example to get someone who is porting lwIP
to another platform going.

> Here is the detailed description of my problem:
> I am using unixsim project to test the IPv6 support. I modified the
> Makefile of unixsim to include compilation of CORE6FILES (IPv6
> specific files).
> Also added lwipopts.h in lwip sources (./src/include/lwip/lwipopts.h)
> and set the MEMP_NUM_SYS_TIMEOUT to a larger value (5+) to eliminate
> the error that MEMP_SYS_TIMEOUT is empty.
>
> When "simhost" is ran, a timer periodically calls nd6_tmr() only to
> find that the neighbor cache is still empty.
> And as I see there is only one call to netif_ip6_addr_set_state()
> where state is non-IP6_ADDR_INVALID. This call is in nd6_tmr(), which
> is invoked when there is a non-zero value of
> prefix_list[i].invalidation_timer. This value becomes non-zero when
> Router Advertisement is received.
> I ran radvd on tap0 interface, to enable Router Advertisements.

Have you done anything to configure IPv6 addresses and routes on the tap
interfaces?  A tcpdump on the tap interface on the unix host should show
if there are any router advertisements going that way.

Kieran