lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] CORE_LOCKING

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] CORE_LOCKING
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 16:10:29 +0200

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I really meant does anyone use more than one of the raw API, netconn
> API, and sockets API in the same project?

Yes: socket API for ported 3rd party apps, raw API for our own application.

> I'm worried that trying to support one API with core locking and another
> without core locking at the same time would be difficult and complicate
> the code considerably.  Wouldn't we be better spending that developer
> time on improving the core locking code, rather than providing yet more
> options?

Agreed. However, I'm not happy with the current ifdef implementation of
CORE_LOCKING (which is mainly due to the fact that sockets.c directly uses the
raw API in some cases. This is also the reason why the implementation should be
separated from the non-CORE_LOCKING implementation).

Simon